We are excited about this new year and are anticipating some great things from God in the lives of our students and our school community. In the Parent Survey last spring, you asked us to work on more specific communication. To that end, we have made the following changes to our Parent Advisory Group.
• Rather than going through a parent representative, parents will be encouraged to take concerns or questions directly to the teacher or person who is in charge of that area of operation. This is more in line with a biblical approach to having our concerns addressed.
• The following are the staff you can email directly with ideas and concerns. We are VERY open to hearing your suggestions and have often implemented change because of parent suggestion.
|Debbie Schindler, Head of School|
· School Policy
· Strategic Decisions
· Secondary Student Conduct
· Spiritual Life
|Ruth Williams, Director of EE & Safety|
· Early Education (preschool)
· Before and After School Program
· Elementary Student Care & Conduct
· Pick-up/Drop-off of students
• The School Leaders will hold an Open Forum with coffee once a quarter from 7:45 a.m.-8:15 a.m. to hear concerns of parents or just to chat. The open forum will not be a place to discuss teacher concerns, but to increase communication and understanding of school procedures. Those dates for this year are: October 28, January 15, March 18 and May 1st. These dates will be confirmed in our Eagle Update.
• We are also happy to meet with you personally anytime.
• We also have an email ([email protected]) where parents can ask questions to be answered by one of the staff. Those emails will go to the Executive Assistant to the Head of School, Jill Cooper, to be forwarded to the right person.